BLOG SEARCH

17 September 2007

Convert and Download YouTube videos

I came across a number of not-so-techie netizens who asked me whether I know of any methods to download the videos posted at the revolutionizing media destination on the web - YouTube.com, and how to play it in their 'offline' computer. In spite of all these craze, I am not that into YouTube. I am yet to be be bitten by the YouTube bug. But also, I wonder if its because I am weird or normal? Well, whatever.

Here are two interesting web services I came across that let you do just that, i mean, convert your favourite YouTube videos online to a number of popular formats (.MPG, .FLV, .MOV, .MP3, .3GP, .MP4, .AVI) and let you download the converted videos to your computer for playing or burning to a blank disc.

Check them out and enjoy!

http://converttube.com/
http://vixy.net/

If you know of any other recommendable tried-outs, would be glad to be informed.

2 comments:

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

The easiest I know
http://misual.com/2007/03/22/kiss-youtube-to-download-videos/

Lalremlien Neitham said...

Thank you for the Ben. But it seems, kissyoutube.com is currently down (as in the service -- maybe because of its popularity?). Anyways, one other thing one has to keep in mind when dealing with newbies is not very recommendable to suggest to download another software(s) unless you want to be troubled more (I have been thru this and its sometimes a 'work' to be sort of being almost a 'teacher') and unless if it is really required (LMAO). And for some reasons, VLC is good, but for also for other reasons it is not (flexible and supportive it may be).